Friday, August 7, 2015

Food Fridays: Frozen Chocolate Bananas


Hey guys! So I have been wanting to try and start a schedule of certain days during the week to regularly post on. I love food... I also love Fridays so BAM I present to you.. Food Fridays.
This recipe is not only super easy, its super duper fast.  #Getinmybelly

Ingredients:
  •  1 TBSP Chocolate spread ( I used Trader Joes Cocoa almond spread but you could use Nutella or any type of yummy chocolate)
  • 1 TBSP Organic coconut oil
  • 1 to 2 ripe bananas
  • Wax paper

Dude thats all you need....easy easy easy.

Step 1:
Cut up your bananas into bite size slices and set aside. 


Step 2:
Get a small bowl and put the chocolate and coconut oil in. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds, I usually check half way through to make sure its not too hot. (Burnt chocolate = nasty)



Step 3: 
Stir the delicious chocolate mixture until it's runny and smooth. Grab a banana slice and dunk it all up in that goodness.  I usually pick it up with a fork and let some of the chocolate drip off.



Step 4:
Put your wax paper on a small cookie sheet and place the slices on to it. This isn't a perfect Martha Stewart recipe so you chocolate will drip and may not look that neat but who will really complain because... chocolate.

Step 5:
Place the cookie sheet into the freezer and let sit until frozen, I left them in there for a few hours. Once they are done transfer them to a Tupperware and place back into the fridge. Since there is coconut oil they will be melt in your mouth/hands so its best to keep them in the freezer and pick out a few that you want to eat.


You, my friend, are now a frozen chocolate banana chef. Congrats.


















No comments: